Date: Monday, November 20, 2006 @ 1:12 AM
General Men’s Facial Skin Care Tips
These are some general tips, that can be applied to any skin care type. It’s basic stuff you may not know that puts you in the right path of facial skin care.
* Drink lots of water. Water is good for overall health; it is a common advice to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. That is pure water, no sodas allowed ;)
* Multi-vitamins. To have a healthy skin you should include in your diet multi-vitamins. Particularly helpful is the Vitamin E.
* Exfoliate your face twice a week. Exfoliation helps removing the dead cells on your facial skin, thus leaving the healthier skin cells.
* Protect yourself from the sun. BUT keep in mind doing it in a healthy way, for example if you’re staying too much time outdoors with a hot weather. Don’t use too much, because sun blockers contain chemicals. Even some moisturizers have sun protection. So unless extreme cases this shouldn’t be an issue.* Eat healthy food. If you keep eating junk food you will never look your best. Remember “You are what you eat”.* Stop smoking. For obvious reasons.
* Buy quality products, and read all you need before buying anything. The internet is a great resource for product investigation.* Moisturize twice a day with an oil free moisturizer.
* Exercise a lot. This will rewards so much more things beside healthy skin, but since we are in the skin issue…
Don't know how to start off on skin care for men? Easy, give the 3 step plan a shot.
Numero Uno, wash your face with warm water and glycerin-based soap. This will open your pores and prepare your skin for exfoliating.
Two, restore your skin's pH balance with a skin toner.
And three, hydrate your face with moisturizer. You’re done! You can use this 3-step plan every day before you start your day and it should only take 5 to 10 minutes.
As with everything you will find out that some people have healthy skin just because they do. It is also genetic, but this doesn’t mean we can’t achieve the same results. It takes a little extra work though. If you have any disease or condition consult your doctor for specific skin care tips. It is always better to be safe in health matters.